• To promote participatory partnership for the sustainable development of the communities in the cluster.
• To provide transparent, open and accountable governance that embraces the concept of inclusiveness.
• Strengthen member communities and their capacity to plan, design and implement their own development agenda.
• Attract additional assistance from other donors.
- To promote participatory partnership for the sustainable development of the communities in the cluster.
- To provide transparent, open and accountable governance that embraces the concept of inclusiveness.
- Strengthen member communities and their capacity to plan, design and implement their own development agenda.
- Attract additional assistance from other donors
• To Track Performance Record and Achievement of targets
• To Improve the capacity of Community and LGAs representatives
These activities were initially scheduled to be carried out in five local governments in Rivers, Imo and Akwa Ibom States, namely:
1. Akuku Toru Local Government Area – Rivers State
2. Ikwere Local Government Area – Rivers State
3. Oguta Local Government Area – Imo State
4. Essien Udim Local Government Area – Akwa Ibom State
5. Abak Local Government Area – Akwa Ibom State.
- The Setting up and registration of Umbrella cooperative society (Jisike, Izombe, Oguta Cassava Farmers Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society)
(2) Establish a-2 hectare (ha) cassava multiplication farm with improved varieties of cassava from IITA to provide enough planting materials for farmers in Jisike communities (1-ha each at Obeabor and Umunwama)
- Ration or cut cassava stems from the 2-hectare farm after 8-12 months and distribute stems to at least 200 farmers in the Jisike Communities and all members of the JCGA for planting in their individual farms.
- Train at least 150 farmers (JCGA) on cassava production best practices.
- Train at least 150 farmers (JCGA) on production of cassava chips, odorless fufu flour and other relevant products.
To Develop Participatory Peace Platforms in 3 LGAs in Rivers State and to strengthen the capacity of focal stakeholders to participate and interface in conflict mediation and management mechanisms towards improving peace and security in the 3 LGAs by 2017
Kula, Idama and Elem-Ifoko are all coastal/riverine communities in Rivers State. Both Kula and Idama communities are in the Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of the State, while Elem-Ifoko is located in Degema Local Government Area.